Взаимное страхование в США11.10.2021
USA Insurance Companies
List of Mutual Insurance Companies in USA
Here you will find a list of mutual insurance companies and funds in The USA.
It is an ultimate list of insurers – small, popular, top and largest mutual insurance companies. They provide the whole range of solutions and services: health, auto, life insurance, business, home, farm, travel, dental, vision, agriculture, condo, renters, retirement plans and etc.
First, let see what is a mutual insurance company and what benefits it provides.
What is a mutual insurance company?
This is an insurance company that is totally owned by its policyholders. It is almost always a private corporation.
The main aim of all mutual insurance companies is to provide insurance coverage for its members (policyholders). Any policyholder has the right to sel ect the management of the company.
The core idea behind a mutual insurance fund is about people coming together to protect themselves in a common financial need.
All earned profit by the company is rebated to policyholders mainly in the form of dividends or premium cards.NAMIC
In the United States, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) is the organization that serves the interests of small and largest mutual insurance companies. For more than 120 years NAMIC operates across the United States as well as in Canada. They are the largest property/casualty insurance trade association that serves more than 170 million auto, home, and business policyholders.
List of Mutual Insurance Companies in The USA
American Family Insurance is one of the most popular and largest mutual insurance companies in The United States that provide a huge range of products and solutions. The company operates in some 49 states across the US. The company offers the following products:
- Car Insurance with complete coverage in all forms and shapes.
- Home Insurance – customized products that cover what the customers want and need.
- Life Insurance – easy and affordable life insurance.
- Business Insurance – provide the customized coverage and support. The policies protect all kinds of business owners’ properties.
- Other types of insurance: farm ranch, renters, condo, umbrella, motorcycle, manufactured home, flood, travel, ATV, health, RV, snowmobile.
Ameritas offer a variety of insurance, employee benefits and financial products and solutions. The company operates through Ameritas Life Insurance and Ameritas Life Insurance of New York. The company has hight ratings from Standard & Poor s and A.M. Best Company. Their product and service portfolio includes:
- For Individuals and Families: life insurance, dental, vision, and hearing, disability income, investments, and annuities.
- For Business and Groups: life insurance, dental, vision, and hearing, disability income, investments, retirement plans, public finance, and annuities.
- For Financial Professionals and Producers: again a full portfolio of products and services.
- For Institutions and Municipalities: a great range of services and history of providing public finance solutions to fund public improvements. Among their clients are government, not-for-profit organizations, school, utility districts, colleges, universities, and more.
Amica is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States. They also offer a wide range of other insurance services. Amica is a direct writer of personal insurance with auto, homeowners, personal excess liability and marine coverages. The company is known in the insurance industry for its financial strength and high ratings from A.M. Best Company. Among their products are:
- Auto Insurance: an affordable auto policy that has many coverage options to choose fr om.
- Home insurance: an extensive range of flexible policies covers many types of households and possibilities for a multi-line discount.
- Life Insurance: affordable options and discounts.
- Other types of insurance: condo, renters, retirement, marine, motorcycle, umbrella, specialty, structural settlement, small business, wedding, events and more…
Assurity is a marketing name for the mutual holding company Assurity Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries include but are not limited to: Assurity Life Insurance Company and Assurity Life Insurance Company of New York. They offer life insurance, disability and critical illness insurance, and voluntary employee benefits through independent brokers nationwide. Products and services:
- Individual Insurance Solutions: disability Income, critical Illness, short-term and long-term life insurance, accidental death, annuities.
- Worksite Solutions: a range of plans that may be available as part of employee benefits. Many plans are available – from offering affordable insurance that’s available when needed, to premium payments through paycheck withholding.
Country Financial was formed in 1925 as a fire and lightning insurance company. Nowadays, they have more than 3,000 employees and provide a full range of products and services that meet insurance and financial needs. The company offers:
- Insurance: auto & recreational, home, renters & personal property, life, health, disability, business, farm & ranch, crop, specialty products.
- Investments: individual and business retirement, education funding, planning services.
CUNA Mutual Group was founded more than 80 years ago. They’ve offered credit unions, businesses, and hardworking Americans a range of financial products. They also have strong financial ratings by A.M. Best Company and Moody’s Investor Services. Products and services:
- Credit Uni on Protection: bond, collateral protection, management and professional liability, plastic card, business auto, cyber solutions, property and business liability, workers compensation.
- Investments: annuities, CUNA Mutual fiduciary consultants, capital advisors, brokerage services, commercial mortgage loans.
- Executive Benefits & Funding Solutions: executive benefits plans, charitable donation account.
- Lending: credit insurance, guaranteed asset protection, loan generation marketing, mortgage payment protection, debt protection and more.
- Retirement Solutions: 401K Plans, Pension Plans, Employee Group Benefits.
- TruStage Insurance Program: AD&D Insurance, health, life, auto and home insurance.
FM GLOBAL is one of the top mutual insurance companies that operates not only in The United States but worldwide. It specializes mainly in loss prevention and serves primarily large corporations. Actually, one-third of Fortune 1000 companies partner with FM Global. The company designs your insurance policy around your specific needs. Their products and services include:
- The FM Global Advantage All-Risk Policy – insurance policy based on engineering and research.
- Business interruption coverage.
- Boiler and Machinery Insurance and Reinsurance Mechanical
- Sustainability Sel ect
- Cargo Insurance and more.
Grange Insurance was first formed 80 years ago. They offer customizable and affordable auto, home, life and business insurance products. Together with Integrity Insurance, their affiliate company, they sell exclusively through independent agents. Products and services:
- Auto Insurance: Rental car reimbursement, Towing and labor costs, Zero deductible glass repair, Original equipment manufacturer parts and more
- Home Insurance: Sewer and drain backup; Jewelry, artwork and collectibles; Identity theft protection; Personal umbrella insurance.
- Business Insurance: Commercial property and auto; Liability and umbrella; Commercial package; Farm owner insurance.
- Life Insurance: Income replacement; Mortgage protection; Wealth transfer; Final expense coverage and more.
Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Gardian) is a mutual company and a Fortune 250 global financial services company. It provides individuals and businesses with the financial guidance and protection. Guardian has approximately 8,000 employees and a network of over 3,000 financial representatives in more than 70 agencies nationwide. Products and services:
- Insurance and investments: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, individual dental insurance and more.
- Employee Benefits: workplace benefits, 401 (K)
- Financial plans for the family, business, and retirement.
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and is one of the largest mutual health insurance companies in the United States. HCSC offers a wide variety of health and life insurance products and related services, through its operating divisions and subsidiaries. The customer-owned company employs more than 22,000 people and serves more than 15 million members.
- The company’s health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures — ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants to cancer and leukemia treatments.
- Medical polices that serve as guidelines for health care benefit coverage decisions, which may vary according to the different products and benefit plans offered by each state.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is one of the most popular and best mutual insurance companies in USA with a huge range of products and services. Throughout their operations around the world, they provide insurance solutions to meet the needs of individuals, families, and businesses. Among their products are:
- Personal insurance: auto, home, life, motorcycle, boat, watercraft, antique & classic car, ATV, Off-road vehicles, TV, umbrella, homeowners, renters, condo, landlord, mobile home insurance, flood, life, identify theft.
- Business insurance: right solutions for any industry, all type of coverage for your business (from startups to family-owned businesses and Fortune 500 corporations, their coverages can provide protection for people, property, and reputation. )
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance, known as MassMutual is one of the leading and the best mutual life insurance companies in The United States. The company has over 160 years of experience. Nowadays, more than 3,900 Financial Professionals have joined the ranks of MassMutual. It has some of the highest financial strength ratings in the industry and provides products and solutions for individuals and families as well as for businesses and their employees. Products and Services:
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Workplace Benefits
- Wealth Management and Trust Services
Missouri Employers Mutual is leading provider of workers compensation insurance. The company has more than 250 employees working across the state and in offices in Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield and St. Louis. MEM holds an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best Company and meets stringent financial solvency requirements of the Missouri Department of Insurance and National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Services:
- Workers Compensation, Loss Prevention, WorkSAFE, Safety Seminars, Risk Management, Dimensions Injury Management, Fraud Prevention.
For more than a century, Mutual of Omaha has been providing an array of insurance, financial and banking products. They are a family-oriented company based in the heart of America, with solid, unflinching values.
Together with their affiliates, they offer products and services designed to meet unique needs and help their customers achieve their financial goals. Mutual of Omaha has solid financial status, reinforced by strong marks from the leading rating agencies. Products:
- For individuals: Medicare Supplement Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance, Annuities, Critical Illness Insurance, Investments, Cancer, Heart Attack & Stroke Insurance, Structured Settlements;
- For Businesses: Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Critical Illness Insurance, Hearing Discount Program, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Participant Accident Insurance, Life Insurance.
National Life Group is a trade name representing a diversified family of financial services companies. We offer individuals, families, and businesses pursue different kinds of insurance such as life insurance, annuity, and investment products. Products:
- For individuals and families: life insurance, living benefits, annuities, mutual funds, IRA.
- Business Owners: qualified plans, non-qualified plans, business continuation, business transition.
- School and Public services: retirement plans, life insurance, annuities, IRA.
- Financial Professionals: experienced financial professionals, new to the business, CPAs, women, advanced markets.
New York Life Insurance Company is one of the largest life mutual insurance companies in the world. The company has some of the highest ratings in the industry and offer a wide range of products and services to individuals, families, and business. The company was founded in 1845 as the Nautilus Insurance Company in New York City. Products and services:
- Insurance: life insurance, long-term care insurance;
- Investments: mutual funds, investment annuities;
The Norfolk & Dedham Group operates since 1825. The Norfolk & Dedham Group consists of 3 companies: Norfolk & Dedham Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Fitchburg Mutual Insurance Company, and Dorchester Mutual Insurance Company. Founded in 1825, the group is one of the oldest mutual insurance companies in the USA. Insurance solutions:
- Commercial Insurance Coverage: ComPak – Business owners, Commercial Auto, Commercial Package Policies, Digital Risk, Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, WorkPak – Worker’s Compensation.
- Personal Insurance Coverage: Auto, Apartments, Boats, Cars, Condos, Excess Liability, Homes, SUVs, Trucks.
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company is an American financial services mutual organization. The company has one of the highest ratings in the industry. The company is well-known as an insurer that helps many customers manage their financial risks and achieve financial security. Products and services:
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance Care
- Long-term Care
- Investment Products and Services
- Education Funding
Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited (NEIL), located in Wilmington, Delaware, insures domestic and international nuclear utilities for the costs associated with interruptions, damages, decontaminations and related nuclear risks. NEIL was founded in 1973 with the formation of Nuclear Mutual Limited (NML) in Bermuda. Services:
- The Company insures electric utilities for damages to insured sites, decontamination expenses incurred at such sites arising from nuclear contamination, other risks of direct physical loss at such sites, certain premature decommissioning costs, and the costs associated with certain long-term interruptions of electricity supply.
Ohio National Financial Services markets a variety of insurance and financial products in all states (except New York), the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Ohio National Financial Services is the marketplace name for the affiliated companies of The Ohio National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded as a stock company in 1909, Ohio National converted to mutual company status in 1959. Ohio National Financial Services, through its affiliated insurance companies markets a variety of insurance and financial products:
- Individual life insurance
- Individual disability income insurance
- Individual annuities
- Group annuities
- Broker/dealer services
OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc. have become one of the fastest-growing mutual insurance companies in the U.S. Today, the companies of OneAmerica rely on a national network of financial professionals to provide customers with products and services:
- Retirement products and services
- Individual life insurance and annuities
- Asset-based long-term care
- Employee benefits
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an American mutual insurance company that offers a variety of insurance and investment products and services to individuals, businesses, and pension plans. Pacific Life’s products are sold through financial planning firms, securities broker-dealers, wirehouses, banks, and other financial institutions. They have selling agreements with over 850 such firms, which are located nationwide. Products & Services:
- Life Insurance
- Mutual Funds
PEMCO is the local company dedicated to Northwest residents. It is personal-lines mutual insurance company that is based in Seattle, Washington. The name is an acronym for Public Employees Mutual Insurance Company. Products:
- Insurance: auto insurance, home, renter, condo, boat, umbrella, motorcycle and scooter insurance, RV, classic auto insurance, earthquake insurance.
Penn Mutual serves individuals, families, and small business with a good range of products and services. The company was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1847. The company provides maintain a competitive, balanced and stable portfolio of life insurance and annuity products. Products:
- Life Insurance.
- Planning and Investment Opportunities.
Sentry Insurance was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association to provide insurance for its members. Throughout their more than 100-year history, they offer insurance to businesses, families, and individuals with Strength, Protection, and Vigilance. Products:
- For Individuals: auto, motorcycle insurance, physical damage, life insurance, and annuities.
- For Businesses: auto dealership, automotive services, distributors and retailers, electronic component manufacturing, food processing, printing, RV and more.
- For Medical Providers
State Farm isone of the best mutual insurance companies in the USA. Their more than 65,000 employees and more than 18,000 agents service 82 million policies and accounts throughout the U.S. State Farm is a family of insurance and financial services companies that together serve tens of millions of customers in the U.S. Their many lines of business together offer over 100 products. Products and services:
- Insurance: Car Insurance, Home, Condo and Renters Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Annuities, Business and more.
- Other services: financial services, banking, loans,education saving plans, retirement, IRA, mutual funds, estate planning, annuities, life insurance.
State Mutual Insurance Company is a Legal Reserve Mutual Insurer headquartered in Rome, Georgia that conducts business in 41 states as well as the District of Columbia. Established in 1936, they have built their business on products that are competitively priced.
- Currently, their primary product is Medicare Supplement Insurance.
Western Mutual Insurance Group is an American group of Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance companies. Since 1942, Western Mutual has been able to keep rates low for policyholders. For over 74 years Western Mutual Insurance Group has focused solely on providing affordable homeowners insurance for preferred homeowners residing in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Texas.
The Western Mutual Insurance Group is rated A+ “SUPERIOR” by AM BEST, the leading insurance industry rating agency, for our continued claims-paying ability and overall excellent financial strength.